The CUES School System provides quality, values-based education
with individualized support to inner-city Omaha students and families.
The CUES Fund is a non-profit organization that secures financial support
through private donations to fully fund the CUES Schools System.
We make a difference in the lives of thousands.
Who we serve
Inner-city schools play a vital role in keeping our communities strong and vibrant. We provide children in northeast and southeast Omaha neighborhoods an opportunity to experience a quality values-based education and receive support beyond the classroom.
Many of these children are at-risk youth. We rely on the community to get involved in order to keep these schools open.
At a Glance
of CUES students qualify for free and reduced lunch.
of families qualify for tuition hassistance.
of CUES students are ESL (English as a Second Language) learners.
of CUES students go on to graduate high school.
What do we do
The CUES School System consists of three inner-city schools in northeast and southeast Omaha. We provide quality education for Pre-K through 8th grade children with individualized student and family support services to connect families with community resources.
What Makes Us Different
• Tailored Education + Common Core Curriculum
• Blended Learning, Interactive Learning, STEM Education
• Evidence Based Curriculum (whole group, small group, and individual instruction)
• Social Emotional Support
• Family Support for Basic Needs within the Home
Why our mission is so important
Inner-city schools play a vital role in keeping our communities strong and vibrant. CUES has been supporting inner-city Omaha since 1975.
Studies have proven that poverty negatively effects youth brain development and impacts the ability to learn and 45% of children born into poverty repeat the cycle by age 35.
• 90% of our elementary students go on to graduate high school compared to 68% nationally.
• In 2019, 38% of CUES graduates participated in Upward Bound – a program with mentors and tutors for college entry.
• 75% of the CUES School Systems operational expenses are funded by private donors through major gifts, annual fund and grants.
How can you help?
Support the CUES Fund by giving a gift today, sign up to receive our emails or get involved.